Opstarts Pro includes SaaS metrics to help understand the unit economics of your customers in different product lines. You can view SaaS metrics for each of your SaaS products (or select All for combined metrics across all your SaaS products) over the period selected in the date selector.
SaaS metrics calculations use the values set in plan settings:
Here’s how everything is defined:
- LTV - Lifetime value of each subscriber, defined as: Gross margin % * Average monthly revenue per subscriber * Renewal rate / (1 + Discount rate – renewal rate)
- ARPU - Average monthly revenue per subscriber over the selected time period
- Renewal Rate = What percentage of subscribers renew, taking into account subscribers lost to churn and upgrade/downgrade to different products
- CAC = Cost of acquisition for each new customer
- CAC Expense = Cost of lead generation expenses for each customer, for example the amount you spend in Google Ads to generate each new sale. Any expense with lead generation links to a product is included in this amount.
- CAC Headcount = Cost of headcount associated with acquiring new customers, such as sales reps, account managers, etc. Any employee with a lead generation link to a product is included in this calculation. If you have employees that are required in the sales process, but don’t generate any leads of their own, you can add a lead generation link and simply enter 0 leads generated.
- Months to recover CAC = how many months of revenue it takes to pay back what you spent on customer acquisition
- LTV:CAC = the ratio of LTV:CAC
- Gross margin % = the gross margin on each sale (in Pro you can either set a value or have it calculated based on your defined COGS)
- Max months for LTV = a cap on the maximum number of months to take into account for LTV calculation.
- Discount rate = how much you want to discount the value of future revenue